Bethel Lutheran Church
7001 Forsyth Blvd
University City, MO 63105
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Hours: Part-time working 30 hours/week to include 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Monday through Friday
Overview: Bethel is a Reconciling in Christ congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). We seek a friendly, efficient person to manage administrative duties needed to help Bethel fulfill its mission to care for God’s creation, promote the non-violence of Christ and care for those who suffer, and participate in the Spirit toward a global religious community.
The range of the administrative assistant’s responsibilities is wide, and includes acting as the “face” of Bethel to our weekday visitors and performing numerous administrative tasks.
Spiritual Gifts Helpful for the Ministry Position
Welcoming, helpful, confidential, and non-judgmental
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite and Apple products
- Facile with using current technology tools and learning new tools as needed for the position
MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Answer phones and retrieve messages
- Receive and distribute mail
- Order supplies as needed
- Produce all communications (bulletins, letters, and special event brochures)
- Maintain church records, administrative minutes, and other appropriate filings
- Coordinate mailings, emails, and invitations
- Format and print weekly worship folders (bulletins) and inserts
- Manage contribution database and membership records
- Oversee employment and payment of nursery staff on Sunday mornings
- Provide administrative support to Church Officers and Committees as necessary
- Administratively support special events, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Complete other tasks as needed
- Act as point of contact for all staff
- Manage Building Reservations
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Pastor and will receive an annual performance review by the Pastor in cooperation with the Finance & Administration Committee. Compensation is reviewed annually.
Salary Range: $15 – 17 per hour depending on experience
Responses requested by May 15, 2018. Please e-mail to email@example.com with Administrative Assistant in the subject line.